knows the secret to accomplishing that.) Then on Sunday, I'll be at Marc and Barry's tree-trimming party, and very happy to be there, too, as it is focused not only on the adults, but also on the dozens of children who are invited. And as I look forward to this wonderful weekend, I am thankful for all my friends and my good fortune.This photo stopped me cold in my tracks, though. I stare at the picture and I consider the tens of thousands of Canadian, British, American and other troops stationed in dangerous conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq. They will not be enjoying the holiday with their family and friends. Some of them will not even survive this war. As the Taliban resurgence reminds us once again of our neglect of Afghanistan, and our foolish, failed Iraq war policy, I cannot help but admire the sacrifice made by these brave coalition troops. Not for a moment forgetting or diminishing the suffering of the men, women and children of Iraq and Afghanistan, I want every member of the allied armed forces to return safely. I want the Taliban and al Queda defeated in Afghanistan, but most of all, I want these men and women back home to enjoy the freedom we so often take for granted.
Return to BLOG here.
No comments:
Post a Comment