I wondered what it would be like to write to an audience I couldn't know, who for the most part would remain transient, anonymous and small. I learned that my audience included many friends, some colleagues, some acquaintances and a few strangers who had become constant, loyal readers. With the help of technology I was able to peer into your habits: how many visits, how many pages were read or "hit," even how many unique vs. return visitors were dropping by on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The numbers were fairly constant until July when they started to take off. What had rarely surpassed 100 visitors a day began to regularly attract more than 200 visitors. Then this week, surprising me entirely, I had almost 800 visitors in a single day on Monday. I assume this interest will drop off again, but I will blog on for those who continue to be interested in my peripatetic rumination. In the short run, I plan to continue my series about my father and I will try my best to publicize Jonathan Tasini's noble campaign against the machine politics of Hillary Clinton. I hope I won't lose too many of you in the process.
Return to BLOG here.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment