Sunday, November 19, 2006

The film itself is now close to completion. We need approximately $35,000 more and we will have enough to finish it and get into other festivals (hopefully). The film is extremely moving, sad, poignant and humorous in places. Sebastian took the stories of seven couples' lives, their struggle to be together despite discriminatory immigration laws that exclude same-sex partners from family-based immigration in the U.S. You cannot walk away from the film without appreciating the enormity of your own privelege, if you are not facing the constant threat of separation, deportation or are in fact forced to live in a different country from your life partner because of homophobic laws.

Here are the photos I took at the EXPO, when I went wandering around checking out the various booths.


Return to BLOG here.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for information on how the screening went. My wife and I are one of the couples in the film and have been following things along as closely as possible. Sal's "dad" died this past week and I can't imagine how we would have gotten through this incredibly difficult time if I were still in the US and her in the UK. Today is Thanksgiving, and although we don't celebrate it here in England, I am quite bluntly reminded today of how thankful I am that the UK is at least in the 21st century and ahead of the US in the civil rights arena.