Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Despite S&C's apprent recruitment efforts of gay and lesbian law students, and despite their pro bono work on gay rights cases, it appears that after Charney filed his complaint internally a series of retaliatory measures were taken against him. Perhaps the New York Times is helping other major law firms and particularly their close cousins, the investment banks and brokers, learn from S&C's example. [In case you're wondering... I don't know Mr. Charney personally, but from what I have read, specifically the actions of S&C partner, Stephen Kotran, who seems to be taking Charney's side in this dispute, I am inclined to believe that these allegations are not untruthful. Also, when one considers the devastating impact a frivolous claim would have on Aaron Charney's career, it is obvious that the pressure on him NOT to file suit must have been enormous. Hence my belief that Aaron Charney is an a courageous man for taking his employer's to task, first with the filing of the internal complaint and now with this pro se law suit.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment